I’ve seen so many TikTok videos on this recipe so I HAD to try it out.This recipe is very straight forward and can make a dozen cookies or a large cookie dough styled pizza depending on your preferences 😉
You will need:
•1/2 cup (64g) of granulated sugar
•3/4 cup (96g) of brown sugar ( I use light brown sugar)
•1/2 cup (64g) of melted butter (unsalted)
• 1 egg
•1 tsp vanilla extract
•1tsp of salt
• 1 and 1/4 cup of plain flour (150g)
•1/2 tsp baking soda
•Dark chocolate chunks (I like using 70% cocoa)
- Mix both of your sugars with the melted butter in a mixing bowl
- Add one eggs to the mixture along with your vanilla extract and wish the egg in until fully incorporated
- Now for the dry ingredients, use a sieve and sift through your plain flour, salt, and baking soda
- Fold the dry ingredients into the mixture using a spatula, but try not to over work the dough ( this is one our tips from a previous post ‘The 8 best kept secrets for amazing cookies‘ )
- Add in the chocolate chunks or chips of your choice, add as many as you like, you can never have too much chocolate 😉
- Form smalls balls of dough and put them on a baking tray, leaving space in between each cookie as they will spread
- To make a pizzookie just put all your cookie dough into a skillet or anything that can go into the oven
BAKE AT 180 degrees for 20-25 minutes
Cookie are always best ate hot so you don’t have to wait too long to dig in;) If you made a pizzookie you can serve it with a nice big scoop of vanilla ice cream and if your want to be more extra, add some homemade salted caramel on top of it all!
Quick tip: In case you are looking for nice melted chocolate inside your cookies using chocolate chunks will be better. Why? Because chocolate chips are made to keep their shape in the oven, whereas, chocolate chunks will melt inside the dough. I use chocolate chunks to obtain a nice melty looking interior for my cookies and I do use chocolate chips for a nice aesthetic look and for extra chocolate of course!
If you try this recipe out make sure to tag @smartcookie95 on Instagram, I would love to see your cookies/ Pizzookies!