This Italian style tomato spicy stew reminds me of the sauce I used to eat my raviolis in when I was younger.
It is so easy to prepare. The secret is to let the meat cook, soften and gets the flavor of all the ingredients. Such a hearty recipe, and one of the favourite in our household! I hope you will enjoy it 🙂
I used a pressure cooker like this one on Amazon. But you can use a slow cooker or slow cook it in a classic deep pan. If you do, make sure to cook in very low heat to not burn the stew!
Tomato stew with carrots and celeri
- Pressure cooker
- 600 gr Lamb shoulder or beef
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 4 Cloves of garlic
- 1 can Chopped tomatoes
- 2 Carrots
- 2 Celeri stalks
- 4 Shallots
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 Red Chili
- 1 tsp Hot paprika
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 1/2 tsp Black ground pepper
- 1 Beef stockpot
- Cut the meat in medium pieces
- Sear the meat on high heat on a pan and brown all the sides. Once done, place in the pressure cooker
- Chop the carrots and celery in medium-size slices. Peel the shallot and cut them in two. Cut the garlic cloves in two as well. Add them to the pressure cooker
- Add the paprika, the salt and pepper and the bay leaves
- Set the pressure cooker on "stew" for one hour- if you don't have a pressure cooker, you can slow cook this for 6 to 8 hours.
- The slower and longer it cooks, the softer the meat gets!
- Enjoy this with rice, pasta or your favourites veggies!