Moist Chocolate Cake Recipe
This recipe is so comforting and is a certified crowd pleaser, the fact that it is so quick to make, makes it so much more delicious!
- 3 eggs
- 120g sugar
- 250g mascarpone
- 120g Plain Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 200g Dark chocolate (52- 70percent cacao)
For the Chocolate Frosting
- 100g chocolate
- 100 ml double cream
- Separate the egg whites and yolks as we will use both of these later. For now we will use the egg yolks but keep the egg whites aside for later use. Into a small bowl and add the sugar to the egg yolks, wisk this until the mixture becomes soft and pale. Put the mixture aside for later use.
- Next we will make the chocolate mixture by melting the chocolate and adding the mascarpone in after. Mix the mascarpone in until thoroughly combined.
- In a larger bowl combine your egg-sugar mixture as well as the chocolate mixture you have just made. Add your flour ,baking powder and fold the dry ingredients in thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl beat the egg whites from earlier until them are thick and fluffy (I would use a hand mixer for this bit if you have one). Add the fluffy egg whites to your cake bowl bit by bit ensuring it is being well combined each time. Here you will notice the batter becoming softer and that’s what we want.
- Place the batter in a greased cake tin and bake at 180 degrees for 30-35 minutes. After the cake has baked let it cool before placing the chocolate icing on it.
- In the meantime to make the icing all you need to do is microwave your double cream for 1 minute only. Then add the hot double cream to your chocolate chunks or chips (It doesn’t matter as both would melt). Let the double cream sit with the chocolate for 3 minutes before stirring together and your chocolate frosting is ready to be topped!