Potato Cheese Bites Recipe
These potato cheese bites are full of carbs but yet so delicious and it is crazily quick to make them.
- 3 large potatoes (or however many you have left in your cupboard)
- Grated Parmesan
- Salt and Pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- Ground paprika
- mozarella/cheese of choice
- Place the potatoes in a pot of boiling water over a high heat stove, allow the potatoes to become so soft inside that the skin should want to come off by itself
- After removing the potatoes from the pot and peeling them, mash them.
- The potatoes are now your kind of ‘dough’ for these cheesy bites,
- In a mixing bowl add the parmesan, salt and pepper to your potatoes(which you have just mashed) and mix.
- Prepare 3 other bowls. one with flour, one with 2 eggs and the other with the breadcrumb mixture we are about to make
Making the breadcrumb mixture:
- The breadcrumb mixture consists of: breadcrumbs, ground paprika red pepper flakes, salt and pepper, therefore, all you have to do is combine these ingredients into the third bowl
Preparing the cheese:
- If you are using mozzarella, cut in into cubes and pat the mozarella dry using a paper towel, this is because we do not want the cheesy bites to be soggy and break when we fry them
- You can use any cheese of your choice as long as it fits into your chosen potato cheese bits size
Back to method:
6. From tablespoon sized balls and form a hole in each of them until you run out of potatoes
7. Place you cheese in the hole and close the ball up
Preparing to fry the bites:
- Place the ball into the flour bowl, followed by the egg bowl and lastly the breadcrumb bowl
- Once you have done this you all the cheesy bites you are ready to fry on medium-high heat in a pot of oil (i use vegetable oil)
Fry the bites until brown on each side, this happen very quickly so make sure you pay attention when you are at the frying stage as we do not want them to burn!
Finally, enjoy them with with any sauce of your choice and they’re nicest when served warm 😉
In case you liked this recipe i thought you make like this one too: